ProForma Labs is a Quality Control Laboratory organized to support the Cannabis Industry with a focus on executing the mandated testing set forth by the Bureau of Cannabis Control regulations. Along with compliance testing, PFL offers a full suite of analytical R&D testing tailored to fit the needs of growers, processors, and microbusinesses within the cannabis industry. The lab at ProForma is equipped with the latest instruments from manufacturers like Shimadzu, ErLab, and PathogenDx and is constantly evaluating new and exciting technologies to meet the industry and regulation needs.
ProForma Labs is actively looking for a motivated and energetic individual to join our team in Salinas CA as a Sampler.
All employment offers will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which must be clear to proceed.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
The primary purpose of the Lab Analyst position is to ensure that high quality data is produced in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and forward weekly inventory request from Samplers to Laboratory Director.
- Samplers must work under all laws and regulations of the legal cannabis market.
- Lead Samplers must be detail oriented and punctual.
- Perform on-site field sampling pick-ups in accordance with state regulations and Lab operating procedures.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with time management skills and ability to self-manage.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Personable, organized and punctual.
- Ability to respect and maintain client confidentiality.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under time constraints.
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients.
- Ability to present a professional image, meet grooming and dress code standards.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse client base.
- Completed 2 years college or university education; or
- Earned a High School Diploma or passed a General Educational Development or High School Equivalency exam, plus at least 1 year of full-time practical experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; to handle or feel; to talk and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus as well as work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- This person must also be able to drive for extended periods of time with minimal interpersonal interaction.
How to apply: Click Apply and send us your resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Salinas, CA
Work authorization: United States