ProForma Labs is a Quality Control Laboratory organized to support the Cannabis Industry with a focus on executing the mandated testing set forth by the Bureau of Cannabis Control regulations. Along with compliance testing, PFL offers a full suite of analytical R&D testing tailored to fit the needs of growers, processors, and microbusinesses within the cannabis industry. The lab at ProForma is equipped with the latest instruments from manufacturers like Shimadzu, ErLab, and PathogenDx and is constantly evaluating new and exciting technologies to meet the industry and regulation needs.
ProForma Labs is actively looking for a motivated and energetic individual to join our team in Salinas CA as a Microbiology Lab Technician.
All employment offers will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which must be clear to proceed.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
The primary purpose of the Microbiology Lab Technician position is to ensure that high quality data is produced in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of procedures under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
- Conformance to quality control procedures described in the Quality Manual and method-specific procedures.
- Execute various laboratory protocols as instructed in established standard operating procedures, or as may be directed by laboratory leadership.
- Input data into LIMS & seed-to-sale system as required.
- Perform sample prep & complete associated QC books, as assigned.
- Routine and non-routine equipment maintenance and verification.
- Monitor inventory and supplies.
- Facilitate sampling.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain a strong work ethic.
- Ability to present a professional image, meet grooming and dress code standards.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse lab population.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or university; or
- Completed 2 years of college or university education that included coursework in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or university, plus at least 3 years of full-time practical experience.
- Familiarity with aforementioned technology is a plus.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; to handle or feel; to talk and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
How to apply: Click Apply and send us your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Salinas, CA
Work authorization: United States