ProForma Labs is a Quality Control Laboratory organized to support the Cannabis Industry with a focus on executing the mandated testing set forth by the Bureau of Cannabis Control regulations. Along with compliance testing, PFL offers a full suite of analytical R&D testing tailored to fit the needs of growers, processors, and microbusinesses within the cannabis industry. The lab at ProForma is equipped with the latest instruments from manufacturers like Shimadzu, ErLab, and PathogenDx and is constantly evaluating new and exciting technologies to meet the industry and regulation needs.
ProForma Labs is actively looking for a motivated and energetic individual to join our team in Salinas CA as a Laboratory Analyst.
All employment offers will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which must be clear to proceed.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
The primary purpose of the Lab Analyst position is to ensure that high quality data is produced in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the entire analytical process, from sample preparation through data analysis using analytical equipment such as HPLC, LC-MS, GC and GC-MS.
- The Lab Analyst will become familiar with a number of analytical equipment and software and our laboratory information management system (LIMS).
- Maintain accurate knowledge of defined areas; keep informed on new techniques.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Create and maintain reports and records on calibration, analysis, and repair activities.
- Exercise Good Laboratory Practices.
- Strong commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
- Must actively support the laboratory’s Quality Management System.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Shimadzu instrumentation, ISO 17025, and routine sample preparation.
- Possess positive attitude, diligence, and the ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details.
- High energy level, confidence and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Dedication to supporting goals, objectives, and philosophies of ProForma Labs.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or university; or
- Completed 2 years of college or university education that included coursework in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or university, plus at least 3 years of full-time practical experience.
- Familiarity with aforementioned technology is a plus.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working.
- Able to speak English and hear clearly, while communicating with co-workers and managers, in person and over the phone.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware.
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
How to apply: Click Apply and send us your resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Salinas, CA
Work authorization: United States